The 43rd annual Brooks Caltex S2S Fun Run & Walk will take place on Sunday 20th July 2014.
The S2S kicks off at 8am sharp at the starting line on Flora Street, Sutherland (behind the Sutherland Entertainment Centre). Once the race has commenced, competitors will run/walk down Flora St along Clements Parade and up Hotham Rd to reach the Kingsway. Participants will then travel all the way down the Kingsway, along Elouera Rd and onto Mitchell Rd towards the NEW finish area at Don Lucas Reserve (Greenhills carpark).
- You must wear your own allocated chest bib tag; they are not transferable.
- There will be a “mat” timing both the start and finish, allowing for you to have an accurate net time. At the finish line you must cross the timing mats to ensure a time.
- Once you’ve passed the finish line please keep moving into the recovery area.
- The organiser reserves the right to reject or cancel any entry in the race at any time.
- Police requirements are that competitors stay in the left nearside lane along the route, and walkers are not to impede runners if overtaking. Traffic signals and directions must be obeyed unless otherwise directed by Police or Race Officials.
- No bikes, roller skates, skateboards or dogs allowed.
- As participants come out of Hotham Rd to turn into the Kingsway they must all immediately go to the left hand side of the Kingsway and keep on the left hand side all the way to Northies.
- Please consider the environment and use bins to dispose of any litter.
Roads between Sutherland and Cronulla will begin closing from 5:30am with a progressive re-opening of roads from 8:20am with all roads set to be open again by 10:30am. For more detailed information regarding the road closures click here.
Event bus transfers
Special event buses will depart from Cronulla High School to Sutherland before the event. The 1st bus departs at 6:30am and the last bus will depart at 7:15am. Buses will also depart from Cronulla High School to Sutherland after the race presentation and the last bus will leave at 11:00am. The cost is $4 per person per trip. Please contact Anne Caterson on 0417 236 113 for more information.
Best of luck to all participating!