Here are some tips:
- Have your window cleaner on call
- Buy out the shelves of spray and wipe multipurpose wipes (if you have time to be environmentally friendly, kitchen and bathroom e-clothes and Enjo products are fab)
- Make friends with your local florist, you will be buying flowers every week
- Remember the washing machine, dishwasher, fridge and dryer are all good places to store things or even the boot of your car for last minute clutter
- You can also have a shower the night before and clean the shower, skip your morning walk (no time anyway) and then skip the shower the morning of the open?!
Eat out, you won’t have time to clean the kitchen and you don’t want garlic infused leftovers permeating out of the fridge, plus the fridge will be filled with items you need to hide at the last minute.
Just think – you are living in a soon to be someone else’s home, divorce yourself of saying “my home” and think of yourself as a cleaner of a hotel… and if you can avoid sleeping in the bed even better, because re-arranging the pillows, cushions and remaking the bed every day is a drag.
Good luck and happy selling!